[OS X TeX] Latex file locks

Themis Matsoukas via MacOSX-TeX macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu
Sat Nov 28 00:43:32 CET 2020

Hi Herb,

The bad file is  che524_BAD.tex. I created a new file, che524.tex, and copy/pasted the contents. This  new file is saved properly, so my immediate problem is resolved. The only question left is the mystery of what happened.

Below is the output of the command for the two files, the bad and the good:

-rw-r--r--@  1 themis  staff     4879 Nov 27 08:37 che524_BAD.tex
        com.apple.FinderInfo         32
        com.apple.LaunchServices.OpenWith           128
        com.apple.ResourceFork   270437
        com.apple.lastuseddate#PS            16
        com.apple.metadata:_kMDItemUserTags          53
        com.apple.metadata:kMDItemOMUserTags         42
        com.apple.metadata:kMDLabel_52uaeexp4epmg3ytspvn4ns46m       89
        com.dropbox.attributes       83
        org.openmetainfo.time:kMDItemOMUserTags      50
        org.openmetainfo:kMDItemOMUserTags           42

-rw-r--r--@  1 themis  staff     4831 Nov 27 08:48 che524.tex
        com.apple.lastuseddate#PS            16
        com.apple.metadata:_kMDItemUserTags          42
        com.apple.metadata:kMDLabel_52uaeexp4epmg3ytspvn4ns46m       89

I don't know how to make sense of any of this.

Themis