[OS X TeX] TeXShop 4.50 Again

koch at uoregon.edu koch at uoregon.edu
Thu Nov 12 20:16:23 CET 2020

Folks,

TeXShop 4.50 is again available via the Sparkle update mechanism and from

	https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html <https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html>

This version requires macOS 10.12, Sierra, or higher.

I don't like to clutter this mailing list with TeXShop information, but perhaps an explanation is due today. The original 4.50 crashed for users who had previously added the "Typeset Button" to the Preview Window toolbar. This button exists for users with an external editor who only use TeXShop to typeset and display results. On Big Sur, TeXShop provides new tool icons, and the button broke when I worked on those new icons.

The issue is fixed on the current TeXShop 4.50 by removing the button from the allowed tools on the Preview window. There is a "Typeset" item in the Typesetting menu, and command-T works in the Preview Window and is the easier way for regular users to typeset. The button is still available on the Source and Single-Window windows.

Richard Koch
koch at uoregon.edu