[OS X TeX] old latexmk

John Collins jcc8 at psu.edu
Wed Nov 4 15:55:06 CET 2020

Hi Ross,

On 11/3/20 9:53 PM, Ross Moore wrote:

> I happen to know that  latexmk  has been worked on within the past week,
> due to an unfortunate looping behaviour when using the  hyperxmp  package.
>
> CTAN has:  4.70b 2020-09-29  which is more than a month old.
> It may be just the  latexmkrc  file that needs changing.

The situation about hyperxmp and latexmk is very fluid at the moment.  (Further
changes are being worked on.)

The important thing is that hyperxmp has just been updated to 5.7, and no
longer gives the infinite loop, even with old versions of latexmk, including
4.65.  So you definitely don't need to worry about using an updated latexmk if
you update hyperxmp.  (A standard update of TeXLive will update hyperxmp.)

Look at p. 19 of the documentation for hyperxmp v 5.7 for appropriate latexmkrc
code.  (But note that if you copy and paste from the pdf file of the
documentation there are some single quote characters that have been transformed
to a Unicode "right single quotation mark" character, and need to be changed
back to the basic ASCII single quote character.)

Best,
John