[OS X TeX] A 12 year old problem returns

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 30 00:38:17 CEST 2020

> On May 29, 2020, at 2:23 PM, Warren Nagourney via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> About 12 years ago, I was having problems with a side effect of typesetting using pdflatex and all the sync options: the preview screen would jump a few pages immediately after typesetting. Looking back at my old emails, I think refreshing the version of pdfsync.sty (or something like this) solved it. The problem has come back. Does anyone know what is happening? (I just installed the full TeXLive 2020 and am using TeXshop).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Warren Nagourney

Howdy,

There hasn't been the need for a package to be loaded in a very long time (what was your last distribution?).

Make sure TeXShop is using SyncTeX for synchronization: see Sync method on the typesetting Tab of TeXShop->Preferences. This is what is needed ever since TeX Live 2010 so your may be set incorrectly

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)