[OS X TeX] templates

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu
Fri Jul 31 00:37:04 CEST 2020

> On Jul 30, 2020, at 17:19, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 30, 2020, at 4:06 PM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu> wrote:
>>
>> OK, I’m trying to have my personal macros in ~Library/texmf/tex/latex/
>> in two folders: MyMacros and MyOtherMacros (more often used and less used—the more often ones often need to be zipped to accompany manuscripts).
>> I created aliases for both and put them where the originals used to be on Dropbox (so I don’t have to remember where they are if I want to add to them).
>> Let’s see if that works.
>>
>> Zbigniew Nitecki
>
> Howdy,
>
> So, the question becomes: does DropBox understand aliases or even symbolic links?

Not symlinks, but they wouldn’t be on Dropbox, if the actual files are kept there and symlinked to the Mac, which is what I think Zbigniew wants to do. So, if it is

	ln -s ~/Dropbox/Library/texmf/tex/latex   ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex

this would work. Unless, of course, there are symlinks within the tree itself. In that case I don’t know.

—Ettore

Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University
1017 Academic Way                *   http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA * * aldrovandi at math dot fsu dot edu