[OS X TeX] Problem after TeXLive-2020 upgrade

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jul 9 22:47:10 CEST 2020

> On Jul 9, 2020, at 3:10 PM, Vinay K. Ingle <vingle at ece.neu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Herb,
>
> Thanks for noticing it. I removed those files (also from other locations) and there were no typesetting problems either for the minimal or the original file. I am still perplexed that there was no such issue until the TL2020 upgrade. I am bracing for similar problems in other files but at least I know where to look for to solve them. This also solved my issue with LaTeXiT.
>
> Thanks again for your help.
>
> ---------
> Regards,
>
> Vinay K. Ingle

Howdy,

There are many internal changes in packages as you go from year to year and even during the active year. Many packages, especially things that are used quite universally like the geometry and graphicx packages, depend upon other packages so having an old version active may not work with the updates to other packages. In general you shouldn't be keeping copies of packages supplied by the distribution in your personal tree since they will not get updated when the distribution is updated.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)