[OS X TeX] where is asymptote binary?

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 17:03:27 CET 2020

As I originally stated, I am using the conda/anaconda python environment, so trying to use pip will mess up things.

There is no such package “pycson” in the anaconda repositories.

However, the github source https://github.com/avakar/pycson and others say that the name for pip is “cson”, not “pycson”.

But trying to install the cson package with conda (“conda install cson”) gives error:

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found
to be incompatible with the existing python installation in your environment:

Specifications:

  - cson -> python[version='2.7.*|3.5.*|3.6.*']

Your python: python=3.8

If python is on the left-most side of the chain, that's the version you've asked for.
When python appears to the right, that indicates that the thing on the left is somehow
not available for the python version you are constrained to. Note that conda will not
change your python version to a different minor version unless you explicitly specify
that.

> On 30 Dec2020, at 9:00 AM, Pieter van Oostrum <pieter-l at vanoostrum.org> wrote:
>
> Ettore Aldrovandi <ealdrov at math.fsu.edu <mailto:ealdrov at math.fsu.edu>> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I don’t use Anaconda. I have python 3.9 installed via Homebrew, so that’s what I used.
>>
>> You need PyQt5, and also numpy: I installed them with
>>
>> pip3 install PyQt5 numpy
>>
>> However, xasy stil throws an error. Not being an asy (or deft Python) user myself I am not sure
>> how to proceed. The last two lines in the  error are:
>>
>> opt = cson.loads(f.read())
>> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'loads'
>
> You also need to install pycson. With that installed it worked for me.
> --
> Pieter van Oostrum
> www: http://pieter.vanoostrum.org/ <http://pieter.vanoostrum.org/>
> PGP key: [8DAE142BE17999C4]
> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334