[OS X TeX] Console sometimes stops reporting

"M. Tamer Özsu" ozsut at mac.com
Wed May 22 00:57:26 CEST 2019

I believe this is the problem that I was reporting earlier. As Herb says, in my case, the files are not closed properly and sometimes the next compilation fails because of it (it even sometimes complains about not being able to find the \start{document} command) and I have to trash .aux files and start all over again.

==Tamer

> On May 21, 2019, at 6:47 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> On May 21, 2019, at 5:31 PM, Ross Moore <ross.moore at mq.edu.au> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Themis,
>>
>> I’ve had such situations, but not so early within the document processing.
>> Usually I’m tracing the output routine, or some such macro expansions, etc.
>> The .log file is getting very large, so I can imagine a buffer for the Console
>> becoming filled up. Then the Console stops, but the .log file is still correctly
>> created.
>> It’s not an issue for me, as I read the .log file in a different editor-like application,
>> or compare it in a diff-viewer with a different run have changed settings,
>> to discover what I was looking for.
>>

>> Cheers.
>>
>> Ross
>>
>>> On 22 May 2019, at 8:26 am, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am not sure if this intermittent issue is still being investigated but here is a case where the console stopped reporting in mid sentence, although the final PDF seemed to be OK as far as I could tell. This is using TS 4.27. The next typeset went through all the way.
>>>

>>> [...]
>>> /usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/latex/tools/array.sty))
>>> (/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/hyperref.sty
>>> (/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/hobsub-hyperref.sty
>>> (/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/hobsub-generic.sty
>>> (/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/scripts/oberdiek/oberdiek.luatex.lua)))
>>> (/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/generic/ifxetex/ifxetex.sty)
>>> (/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/latex/oberdiek/auxhook.sty)
>>> (/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/latex/oberdiek/kvoptions.sty)
>>> (/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hyperref/pd1enc.def)
>>> (/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/latex/latexconfig/hyperref.cfg))