[OS X TeX] TeXShop 4.26 - using SageMath

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 22:00:39 CET 2019

One of the changes described for TS 4.16 regards using TeX and Sage together. And in file
~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/Sage/About\ Sage.pdf we read:

	"The application[Sage]  will have a longer name, currently SageMath-8.6.app. Long ago, the name of this application could be changed, and then for a time it couldn’t be renamed. The name is again changeable. …”

With my macOS Mojave configuration, however, I find that if I rename SageMath-8.6.app to SageMath.app, then when I start Sage, which should automatically start the Jupyter server and open jupyter in Safari, instead I get an error that the SageMath python cannot be found,

> On 6 Mar2019, at 3:02 PM, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> TeXShop 4.26 is available via the Sparkle update mechanism and from
>
> 	https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html
>
> The very minor changes are described in
>
> 	https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/changes_3.html
>
> Richard Koch
> koch at uoregon.edu
> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/
>                https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/macosx-tex/

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334