[OS X TeX] type regular double-quote in TeXShop?

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Thu Jul 18 14:04:09 CEST 2019

Hey guys,

This conversation is exactly why I don't use *any* key bindings or shortcuts at all.
I want the keys that I press to give exactly the ASCII (or other) character that it says it is.

OK, a lot of what I do is programming in TeX/LaTeX, but a lot is also coding documents for teaching materials. Having a set of shortcuts for one situation, but not the other, is just a road to confusion. So I choose to avoid such a path.

Hopefully you'll find a strategy that suits what you need to do.

Cheers.

   Ross