[OS X TeX] Delays in viewing beamer slides

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Fri Jan 4 17:52:09 CET 2019

I am not sure that this is a TeXShop issue, but wonder if anyone has a suggestion for a workaround.

I am trying to prepare some slides for a talk, and went back to a set I prepared about a year ago for a similar talk via beamer.
When I view this using Preview, I find that every time a slide changes, there is a delay of maybe a second,
during which the display becomes fuzzy before coming into focus.  This is of course highly distracting, and is not a behavior I recall
(nor one I would have imposed on my audience) from a year ago.  I am not sure how to provide a “minimal example”, but wonder
if anyone can suggest where to look for the source of this behavior, and even without that, how to avoid the behavior itself.

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155