[OS X TeX] how imitate TeXShop's pdflatexmk from command line

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Aug 31 15:12:37 CEST 2019

> On Aug 30, 2019, at 7:53 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> (2) Is there a list of all the" % ! …". directives that TeXShop understands? I looked through the various help files and couldn’t find such.
>>>
>>> Murray
>>>

>> The closest there is Help->Comment Lines and Hidden Preferences.
>
> I asked because I had looked at that pdf and saw that the "TEX parameter = -interaction=batchmode” was not listed there. So the question, then, is what others are there?
>>

> ---
> Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
> 503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
> Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334

Howdy,

The

% !TEX parameter =

directive is listed there. The first paramter passed to an engine is the file name to be provessed (e.g., file.tex). That directive passes a second parameter, it could be anything, to the engine. Most engines ignore that parameter but the latexmk based engines pass it to the base typesetting program (e.g., (pdf/xe/lua)latex for the (pdf/xe/lua)latexmk engine respectively) as a paramter; e.g.

% !TEX program = pdflatexmk
% !TEX parameter = --shell-escape --interaction=batchmode

passes both of those parameters to the pdflatex. There is a bit more detail in the UpdatedEngines document found in ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/Latexmk. (You can pen ~/Library/TeXShop using the TeXShop->Open ~/Library/TeXShop Menu Item.

Of course you could use the commands given by Ross Moore to do the equivalent thing.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)