[OS X TeX] TeXShop not trashing aux files -- not TeXShop's problem

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 20:11:31 CEST 2019

For my current book project, I just wrote a little shell script that deletes all the .aux files in the tree below a specified directory:

#! /bin/bash
# zap_aux - delete .aux files
cd /Users/me/Documents/BookProject
find . -name "*.aux" -type f -delete

Evidently that could be modfied so as to take as an argument the starting, top-level, folder.

> On 21 Aug2019, at 12:33 AM, mmurray <michael.murray at adelaide.edu.au> wrote:
>
> I thought I would post my solution to this problem as I couldn't find this
> particular answer anywhere.  The problem was not with TeXShop but with
> corrupted permissions on my .Trash file.  As a result every time I tried to
> move anything to trash MacOS would say it need to be deleted immediately and
> I had to click OK to do that. I guess TeXShop was somehow getting this
> behinds the scene and not being able to deal with it.  Which is  fine of
> course. Not sure I would want a programme overriding a dialogue like that.
>
> The solution I found seems to be to delete the .Trash and log in and out at
> which point a new one with correct permissions is created.  I did that in
> Terminal.  Probably better people look this up themselves than take my
> amateur advice on how to use the remove command with Terminal.
>
> Michael
>

> --
> Sent from: http://macosx-tex.576846.n2.nabble.com/
> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334