[OS X TeX] TeXshop + OS X "open with"

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Aug 6 18:06:44 CEST 2019

> On Aug 6, 2019, at 10:42 AM, William Slough <wslough at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I realize this question is not exactly TeXShop related, but I thought I would get the best advice by asking here!
>
> After upgrading through various versions of TeXShop, my "open with" menu now has multiple items, when all I really want is the most up-to-date one. How can I get rid of the extraneous ones? Many of these also include the version number, when "TeXShop" alone would suit me fine.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill Slough

Howdy,

I assume you are talking about the Open With… popup when you Right-Click (Clt-Click) on a .tex file. If so I certainly don't have multiple TeXShop versions showing there. Are you sure you don't have multiple copies of TeXShop on your system? It isn't too unusual for the list of applications that can open the .tex file is long since it is really just a text file.

Do you need to set .tex files to always open in TeXShop when Double-Clicked to open?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)