[OS X TeX] cocoAspell

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Sat Sep 15 14:46:04 CEST 2018

> I'm not sure if the dictionary makes a difference but I use the English (alone---I think it loads several individual versions) dictionary.
>  I use it for all my work and choose English (Aspell) as the default dictionary in the Text tab of the Keyboard Pane in System Preferences. You can check that setting using the  Edit->Show Spelling and Grammar menu item in TeXShop

I set the disctionary in the keyboard pane to English (Aspell), but when I spell check in TS the default is always set to “Automatic by Language” and I must manually change it each time to English (Aspell). IS this how it is supposed to be?

> Otherwise you might try to log out and back in because that information may first be read in once, when you log in. Last, but possibly not least try re-booting in case the info is read in only once when booting---truly a last resort.

 I can’t get it to work. I run

cd "/Library/Application Support/cocoAspell/aspell6-en-6.0-0"
sudo make install

which I had skipped before, changed the dictionary to English, and rebooted. No luck. What is marked as a typo and what is ignored appears random.  Here is what my source looks like: