[OS X TeX] How to make a original latexmk.engine for TeXShop

军其 胡 junqihu at me.com
Fri Oct 19 20:26:06 CEST 2018

Ok! Following your instructions, latexmk.engine DOES work. Although there are only two lines
#!/bin/bash
latexmk "$1"
in latexmk.engine.

I'm confused of the role of latexmk.engine in TeXShop.
When I use latexmk in Emacs, I only take it as the wrapped scripts instead of TeX engine.
In other words, latexmk always ignore the local file variable of Emacs in the TeX-format files when it is called in Emacs.
In fact, the TeX engine for latexmk is specified in latexmkrc.
However, by clicking latexmk button in TeXShop, latexmk.engine would also read the local file variable.