[OS X TeX] annotated bibliography

Bridget Kane kaneb at tcd.ie
Tue Oct 9 12:34:49 CEST 2018

Hi
I’m hoping you can help me. I’m aiming to write an annotated bibliography and I found instructions on the following page:
http://math.ucdenver.edu/~billups/courses/ma5779/annotated_bibliography.html <http://math.ucdenver.edu/~billups/courses/ma5779/annotated_bibliography.html>

I have faithfully followed instructions, as far as I can tell, but Texshop says ‘cannot find stylefile’ when I try to run Bibtex.
The file I’m using is plain-annote.bst  as detailed on the webpage link above.
I’m using macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 (17H65) with Texshop Version 4.12 (4.12)

I have my .tex file in a folder with the plain-annote.bst and with my .bib file.

Can you see what I may be doing wrong? Or any suggestions for me to try. I’m not an expert, but i’ve been using TexShop for some years now without much difficulty.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help

Bridget