[OS X TeX] Changing hIghlighting color in TexShop 2.47

Claus Gerhardt claus.gerhardt at uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Nov 22 00:04:02 CET 2018

Dear Alain,

The color for highlighting can probably be changed by a hidden preference. On the page

https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/version.html <https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/version.html>

I found the following commands

Three hidden preferences were added, allowing users to change the yellow highlight color to another color, when used by inverse sync from the pdf window to the source text. This is helpful if the user has changed the default colors of the source window. The new items are
defaults write TeXShop ReverseSyncRed 1.00
defaults write TeXShop ReverseSyncGreen 1.00
defaults write TeXShop ReverseSyncBlue 0.00

Hidden preference items were added to change all of the colors used in the new 2.38 additions by Yusude Terada: the temporary parenthesis color (default is magenta), the highlight color for text between matching parentheses (default is yellow), and the color of invisible characters when shown (default is orange).
defaults write TeXShop highlightBracesRed 1.00
defaults write TeXShop highlightBracesGreen 0.00
defaults write TeXShop highlightBracesBlue 1.00
defaults write TeXShop highlightContentRed 1.00
defaults write TeXShop highlightContentGreen 1.00
defaults write TeXShop highlightContentBlue 0.00
defaults write TeXShop invisibleCharRed 1.00
defaults write TeXShop invisibleCharGreen 0.50
defaults write TeXShop invisibleCharBlue 0.00

ReverseSync is from pdf to source. Thus, if this is what you want then can certainly change the color easily.

Claus