[OS X TeX] New distribution

"Néstor E. Aguilera" nestoreaguilera at gmail.com
Fri May 11 14:24:35 CEST 2018

> On 11 May 2018, at 05:18, John Rawnsley <J.Rawnsley at warwick.ac.uk> wrote:
>

>> On 10 May 2018, at 23:21, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Should MacTeX itself not have this fix incorporated??
>
> No, thanks.
>
> I use BBEdit+Terminal+Skim+Sneep’s scripts to process my .tex files so my
>
> kMDItemContentType             = "com.barebones.bbedit.tex-source"
>
> and I want it to stay that way.

I am using BBEdit + Terminal + Skim + Sneep's scripts too, and get a mix of results.

Mostly I get

   kMDItemContentType                 = "edu.uo.texshop.tex"

but the icon's image usually is BBEdit's if in list view (which is the one I use) and generic in icon view. Some files have the old TextWrangler icon (I haven't used it for some time) and some other files have a Texshop icon.

Does the icon mean much? It seems to me that the application opening a file may be independent of the icon in the view. Am I right?

> [...]

Best,

Nestor