[OS X TeX] missing TS icons

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jul 9 15:30:53 CEST 2018

> On Jul 9, 2018, at 8:20 AM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 9, 2018, at 9:02 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>
>> Please run
>>
>> mdls file.tex
>>
>> where file.tex is one of your TeX source files. Let me know what the line that starts with
>>
>> kMDItemContentType
>>
>> says.
>>

> I tested a few different tex files and got two different types:
>
> kMDItemContentType             = “edu.uo.texshop.tex”
> kMDItemContentType             = “public.tex"
>
> Themis

Howdy,

Does the one with “edu.uo.texshop.tex” have the right icon?

As far as the “public.tex" version that seems to be a problem with an internal application with LaTeXiT. There is a version of LaTeXiT that fixes that problem at my download site, <https://herbs.github.io>. Download LaTeXiT.app.zip from that site; delete the version you have in /Applications/TeX; un-zip the downloaded file and put it in the folder where the original was located. Please do it in that order.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)