[OS X TeX] missing TS icons

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jul 9 15:02:50 CEST 2018

> On Jul 9, 2018, at 7:36 AM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> I have lost the texshop icon from .tex files and the incantations that used to fix the problem do not seem work this time:
>
> Step 1
> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreSe\
> rvices.framework/Versions/A/Framew\
> orks/LaunchServices.framework/Versi\
> ons/A/Support/lsregister -kill -seed
>
> Step 2
> sudo find /var/folders/ -name com.apple.dock.iconcache -exec rm {} \;
>
> Step 3
> Reboot in safe mode
>
> Step 4
> Reboot
>
> I’m on 10.11.6. Any suggestions? I seem to remember a recent discussion but could not find it in the archives.
>
> Themis

Howdy,

Please run

mdls file.tex

where file.tex is one of your TeX source files. Let me know what the line that starts with

kMDItemContentType

says.

Try that with several other source files and see if there are any variations in that variable's value. Let me know what they are.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)