[OS X TeX] TeXShop, Cocoaspell, and MacOS 10.13.2

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 21:03:19 CET 2018

Today, all seems to be working OK with cocoAspell and TeXShop: I do now see “English (United States) [w_accents] as a choice in both the TeXShop Preferences > Source pane and in the Show Spelling & Grammar (which was not the case yesterday), and misspelled words_are_ being flagged as I type them.

This is after a fresh boot. Mysterious to me as to why this did not work yesterday.

Murray

> On 4 Jan2018, at 10:23 PM, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
> TeXShop Spelling Dictionary Design:
>
> At any time, you can open
>
> 	Edit Menu --> Show Spelling and Grammar
>
> and select the spelling dictionary to be used by the top-most document.
> Thus you might have several windows open, one using an English
> dictionary, one a German dictionary, and one an aSpell dictionary.
> These choices are just for the current session.
>
> Question: What, then, determines the default dictionary selected in a
> session if you haven't yet opened this "Show Spelling and Grammar"
> panel.
>
> Answer: That is what the TeXShop Preferences "Dictionary" setting is
> for, under the Source tab.
>
> Thus if this preference setting doesn't list an aspell dictionary, then
> every time you restart TeXShop, you'll have to reset "Show Spelling
> and Grammar's" dictionary for every open window.
>
> (Almost all items in TeXShop are controlled using this logic. There is
> a default setting when projects are opened, set in TeXShop Preferences.
> But this setting can then be changed on a document-by-document basis
> during a given session.)
>
> Dick Koch

> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://www.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/
>                https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/macosx-tex/

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334