[OS X TeX] Bad Sparkle Updates to 4.20

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 16:57:58 CET 2018

The About box says I have 4.20, which I obtained by updating 4.19 using the Sparkle mechanism.

Nonetheless, following

	\begin{document}

by Cmd-Ctr-C inserts on the same line after that:

	92end{document}

(By contrast, the Esc-Esc key combination does complete the environment as expected.)

> On 11 Dec2018, at 10:39 AM, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> If you updated to version 4.20 via Sparkle, you may not have version 4.20 and the "Close Environment" bug will still exist. This only affected people updating from 4.19 or 4.17 who received small delta updates. There is an easy way to tell if you have this problem. Go to "About This Release" in TeXShop Help. If the document title is "About TeXShop 4.19", you have the bad version.
>
> Sparkle is fixed as of 7:36 am Tuesday Western Standard Time. To fix the problem, go to my web site and download the program. I don't know if Sparkle will offer to update your defective version. If it does, use Sparkle.
>
> I turned off delta updates temporarily.
>
> Richard Koch
> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/
>                https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/macosx-tex/

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334