[OS X TeX] Applescript in TS

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Thu Aug 9 14:19:57 CEST 2018

I am using this applescript to run Excalibur on the front window of TS:

-- Applescript direct

tell application "TeXShop"
	activate
	get path of document of window 1
	set fileName to result
	save fileName
end tell
do shell script "open -a " & "/Applications/TeX//Excalibur-4.0.7/Excalibur.app " & quoted form of fileName

I want applescript to save the TS file before running excalibur, otherwise excalibur will use the last saved copy. My problem is that the naive "save fileName” which I added right before "end tell”  does not do the job (although the script runs without errors). Can someone tell me what is the correct way to save the file?

Thanks,

Themis