[OS X TeX] cocoAspell won't install

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Apr 3 21:05:04 CEST 2018

> On Apr 3, 2018, at 1:42 PM, Gary L. Gray <euler at psu.edu> wrote:
>
> A student I was working with just tried to install cocoAspell on his Mac and when he opens the Spelling preference pane it installs, it tells him that it needs to compile some dictionaries and when he clicked “OK”, he gets this
>
> <Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 1.22.42 PM.png>
>
> This screen never goes away. Anyone know what the problem is here?
>
> Gary

Howdy,

First, what version of cocoAspell is being installed and what macOS version is being used? The latest version, 2.5, seems to install fine under El Capitan and Sierra but we've seem some reports of problems under High sierra.

In any case, if there is a problem read the enclosed document and follow the directions there. That should do it.