[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.89 Revision

David Thompson drdbthompson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 14:16:34 CET 2017

> On Nov 10, 2017, at 9:03 AM, Richard M. Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
> I silently fixed both problems in the currently available web version, but not a single word in Changes was altered. However, if you updated very early, the new changes document is below (provided it survives the mailing list). You could even reach into TeXShop and replace the old version with the new one (both are in the English localization).

Thanks for sending this file along, Dick. Because it was an attachment to the email, I decided to (actually) read it. Your comments about PreTeXt were quite fascinating and reminded me of some XML I used way back when I maintained the Literate Programming FAQ, now decades ago. :/

When e-readers first appeared, I was fascinated (for a bit) with the idea of producing EPUB, mostly for my own use. (No one wants to read what I write!)

There are times when I want to put maths in my weblog. I want to use LaTeX source to produce those maths. Perhaps PreTeXt is the mechanic to get that done.

So, thank you for sending along the “changes” file. I appreciate it.

My best…

David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., P.H., CFM
Civil engineer/hydrologist