[OS X TeX] synctex problem(s)

Alan Bowen bowenalan03 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 00:01:10 CET 2017

Hi!

I would like to turn synctex off for 2 reasons:

1. I am currently working on a very big project and the time that it adds
to typesetting really adds up over the course of a day.
2. It is not working anyway—that is, clicking in the source or preview does
nothing but kick up a contextual menu with a “Sync” option that does not
seem to work.

I am using TeXShop 3.89 while running macos 10.13.1. I use ConTeXt for
typesetting itself.

Note: I have tried
(a) setting synctex=0 in the Engine/pdftex and TeX + dvips +distiller panes

(b) a modified Engine

#!/bin/tcsh
set path= ($path /usr/texbin /Applications/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin)
mtxrun --script context --autogenerate --synctex=0 "$1”

So, what am I missing?

Alan