[OS X TeX] biber 2.8 for Mac?

Vic Norton vic at norton.name
Mon Nov 6 17:52:08 CET 2017

I’m running TeXShop and suddenly my biblatex biography won’t work. Here is the error message:
  LaTeX$ biber newmark1
  INFO - This is Biber 2.7
  INFO - Logfile is 'newmark1.blg'
  INFO - Reading 'newmark1.bcf'
  ERROR - Error: Found biblatex control file version 3.4, expected version 3.3.
  This means that your biber (2.7) and biblatex (3.8) versions are incompatible.
  See compat matrix in biblatex or biber PDF documentation.

When I look at the latest documentation for biblatex I see
  Table 1: biber/biblatex compatibility matrix
  Biber version   biblatex version
     2.8               3.8
     2.7               3.7
     2.6             3.5, 3.6

So my question is this. Where do I download a Mac version of biber 2.8?
I see lots of biber 2.8 versions at
  https://sourceforge.net/projects/biblatex-biber/
but which one, if any, will work with TeXShop on my iMac 10.12.6?
And what about the line
  biblatex control file version 3.4, expected version 3.3
Is that what is fouling me up?

Thanks for your input!

—
Vic