[OS X TeX] Problem with TeXLive Utility

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jun 16 15:22:17 CEST 2017

> On Jun 16, 2017, at 8:11 AM, John Burt <burt at brandeis.edu> wrote:
>
> And now texdoc runs again. Thank you very much!
>
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 9:10 AM, John Burt <burt at brandeis.edu> wrote:
> Thanks once again:
>
> Here is what it runs:
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  staff  11598536 Jun 15 09:13 /usr/local/texlive/2017/tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb

Howdy,

Has you problem with TeX Live Utility been fixed also?

The real problem is finding out what changed those permissions? As Adam Maxwell asked, did you change your umask? If so there may be (many) other files with permissions problems. Please run

umask

and let us know if it doesn't return 0022.

Here's a question for Adam Maxwell: do file permissions get transmitted along with the file when updating? I.e., could there have been a permissions problem when updating? I didn't run into a problem and I update pretty much daily.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)