[OS X TeX] Is it "safe" to install Sierra?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 1 03:34:24 CEST 2017

> On May 31, 2017, at 8:11 PM, Alex Williams <alex.williams1072 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So far so good. No problems with LaTeX at all.
>
> - Alex
>
> On May 31, 2017, 9:06 PM -0400, David Thompson <drdbthompson at gmail.com>, wrote:
>> I can also confirm that I have no issues (to date) with LaTeX on Sierra.
>>
>> best...
>>

>> David B. Thompson, Ph.D., P.E., P.H., D.WRE, CFM
>> Civil Engineer/Hydrologist
>> http://drdbthompson.net
>>
>> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Warren Nagourney <wna at u.washington.edu> wrote:
>> Thanks, I installed Sierra and tried TeXShop/Latexit and both work fine.
>>
>> wn
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

>> > FIWIW I didn’t encounter any TeX-related problems with Sierra.
>> >
>> > Simon

Howdy,

I don't think there are any problems with Sierra unless you happen to be using some templates that have certain items in conflict and haven't updated via TLU. Also, we've seen some problems that may be related to some included images in certain documents. Outside of all that everything had been very stable.

Now we wait for MacTeX-2017/TeXlive 2017 to get released. My testing of that system has shown all good updates (especially lua(la)tex) so I'm looking forward to the release which should be coming in the near future.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)