[OS X TeX] biber runs although I specify backend=bibtex for blbilatx

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 23:52:07 CEST 2017

My source has

   \RequirePackage[backend=bibtex,%
        bibstyle=mybooknumeric,citestyle=numeric,dashed=true,defernumbers=true]%
        {biblatex}

(The style is irrelevant for purposes of this question.)

Nonetheless, running pdflatexmk on it — from TeXShop 3.80 — somehow causes biber to run, which generates various warnings such as:

  Package biblatex Warning: Biber reported the following issues
  (biblatex)                with ‘ABook':
  (biblatex)                - Can't use 'location' + 'address’.

  Package biblatex Warning: Biber reported the following issues
  (biblatex)                with ‘AnotherBook':
  (biblatex)                - Invalid format of field 'urldate'.

I do not recall seeing this with the previous version of TeXShop (but maybe I just didn’t examine the log carefully enough).

Is this caused by a change in latexmk?

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334