[OS X TeX] very slow pdflatexmk runs after upgrade TeXShop to 3.80

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 02:18:44 CEST 2017

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 6:27 PM, Herb Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 14, 2017, at 5:16 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Each time after quitting TeXShop, I always do zap all the aux files (via a little shell file) in the entire tree holding my document root.
>>
> Howdy,
>
> But those aux files are still used for things like cross-refs even they are not included in the compile.
>
>> After commenting out the entire \includeonly block, compilation is no faster. Ditto after putting it back (with all needed .tex source files for the entire document listed in the \includeoly.
>
> But did you remove the aux files between those two compiles? It would be nice to use them.

Still what seems to be significantly slower compilation even after I first do create all the auxiliary files, by commenting out the whole \includeonly block and then  _without_ deleting any of those auxiliary files I put the \includeonly block back in and re-compile.

>> I do have saved, outside the current ~/Library/TeXShop tree, the previous
>>   ~/Library/TeXShop/bin/tslatesmk/latexmk
>> (as well as the previous ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/latexmk.engine)
>> from the prior TeXShop version.
>>
>> Should I just try renaming the new latexmk and substituting the one from the prior release? Will that cause any conflict with the current latexmk.engine?
>
> You can rename the new latexmk and put in the old one. Nothing else changed so that's all you should need to do.
>

> Let me know if things are actually better. If so I'll get in touch with John Collins and let him know.
>
> Good Luck,

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334