[OS X TeX] TeXShop crashes with iCloud

Nicolae Garleanu garleanu at berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 6 06:15:02 CEST 2017

Hi everybody,

I understand that the exact source of the crashes experienced recently is not known for certain, but I’d like to check whether, according to Dick’s hypothesis, each of the following has no bearing on the issue:
a) OS version;
b) TeXLive distribution.

I can’t say that I have had more than very rare crashes — I would have never thought of bringing them up. I am purchasing a new computer, on which I would naturally install the latest OS and TL versions, a combination I never tried. (I have run Sierra with an older TL, though perhaps not for long enough.) Am I right that there is no point in aiming for something older? (Dropbox updates automatically.)

Out of curiosity, how far back have the crashes started?

Nicolae