[OS X TeX] Dropbox

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Sat Jul 1 17:28:06 CEST 2017

> On 1 Jul 2017, at 16:01, George Gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:
>
> I have been corresponding with Richard Koch about TeXShop and Dropbox.
> I reported to him that TeXShop often crashes when typesetting.
> He asked whether my files are in Dropbox. They are.
> He explained that this may be the cause for my crashes.
>
> I moved the files out of Dropbox, and the crashes stopped.
> Then I used Dropboxtool (a free utility from  MacUpdate)
> to add a symlink from the TeX files to Dropbox, so Dropbox keeps on
> securing my files.
>
> So far, so good. No crashes, files secured.
>
> I would like to hear if anybody else is using this technique,
> and whether this stops the crashes, as it did for me.

That’s interesting. I use Dropbox and I’ve seen a lot of crashes with TeXShop lately. I’ll definitely try your setup. What I don’t get – these crashes are a fairly new thing. I see this on a document which I’ve been working on for more than three years. And the crashes definitely are something which started to happen during the last half year. So I wonder what changed.

Simon

> George

> List Reminders and Etiquette: https://www.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/
>                https://email.esm.psu.edu/pipermail/macosx-tex/

Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50
8002 Zürich

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch
http://www.utopia2016.ch

„Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel.“ Homer Simpson