[OS X TeX] TeXShop: how retain Color Index in source (or set it permanently)?

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Tue Sep 6 21:13:28 CEST 2016

Murray,

> On Sep 6, 2016, at 8:33 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The source window for a TeXShop document has a checkbox “ColorIndex” which, if checked, colors indexing commands.
> But even if the document is saved after checking the box, the next time it’s opened, the box is unchecked and the index entries are no longer colored.
>
> (1) Is there a way to get TeXShop to remember the setting for a file where the box has been checked and then the file saved?
>
> (2) Even better yet, is there a way to set a global preference always to color index entries in source?
>
> ---
> Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
> 503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
> Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334

TeXShop 3.72 will be released sometime in the next two weeks. I just added a hidden preference named "IndexColorStart" to TeXShop 3.72. This preference controls the status of the ColorIndex toolbar item when a document is first opened. The item can still be turned on or off during a session as before.

This preference is a Boolean with values YES or NO. By default, it is NO. The command below sets the default to YES:

	defaults write TeXShop indexColorStart YES

Dick Koch