[OS X TeX] AlphaX and Sierra

Christopher Skeels Chris.Skeels at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Oct 7 04:17:20 CEST 2016

Hi John,

Sadly AlphaX is coming to the end of the road but Bernard Desgraupes has single-handedly taken on the task of creating AlphaCocoa (see a recent announcement below).  It is only at the alpha stage of development, so not everything works but an awful lot does.

Cheers, Chris.

Hi all,

I have just uploaded a new development release of AlphaCocoa. This is the PR6 release (version 9.0a6). This is the summer harvest.

See at the end of this message, the main changes contained in this new release. Most of the effort has been concentrated on the revision of the AlphaTcl library: 58 modes (out of 69) have been revised, 11 menus (out of 18). In the core, macros have been implemented, handling of encodings has been improved.

If you had previously downloaded another preview release, make sure you replace it entirely by the new one (in particular if you keep a copy for updates as explained in TN #1: How to update the core<http://alphacocoa.sourceforge.net/TNs/TN_001.html>).

Please, read the release notes which will be displayed the first time you launch AlphaCocoa and can be accessed later from the Help menu.

Here is the URL to download the disk image:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/alphacocoa/files/PR6/AlphaCocoa-9.0a6.dmg.zip/download (28.52M)

The MD5 checksum is: 7132b66370cd4779d5e2d19e8cd2f0d1
The SHA1 checksum is: 105170a7aafd04ba737e687dc7c97c5427a4d427

Don't hesitate to post bug reports, even if they concern a missing functionality which still has to be implemented. Bug reports are essential to keep track of all the deficiencies. See Alpha's Bug Tracker<http://sourceforge.net/p/alphacocoa/tickets/>.

Thank you for trying AlphaCocoa.
Cheers,
Bernard
Changes from previous version