[OS X TeX] Latest Test Versions of MacTeX and BasicTeX [was: Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 103, Issue 6]

Juergen Fenn jfenn at gmx.net
Sun May 22 21:33:42 CEST 2016

Hello Dick,

thanks for your hints. I've installed mactex-20160520.pkg on a MacBook Pro mid 2012 running 10.9.5. There were no problems installing the package. Also, I can still compile some documents I wrote with TL2015/pdflatex without any problems. This looks good.

Am 21.05.2016 um 21:00 schrieb Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu>:

> Recall that installation of the 2016 version leaves your previous version intact. You
> can retreat to it using the latest TeX Live Utility. We no longer install the TeX Dist
> control panel, but we don?t remove it either, so that can also be used to
> change back.

I think this is somewhat irritating. It seems that the new TLU does not include another switch side-by-side the old preference pane? I still only have the preference pane, as before, haven't I? I would prefer to switch to TLU altogether and delete the preference pane in existing installations in order to have /one/ place for switching between distributions and binaries.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Jürgen.