[OS X TeX] Latest Test Versions of MacTeX and BasicTeX

Axel Kielhorn tex at axelkielhorn.de
Sat May 21 21:35:23 CEST 2016

> Am 21.05.2016 um 16:59 schrieb Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu>:
>
> Axel,
>
> Thanks very much for testing. We appreciate it!

I have to thank you for still supporting the PPC version.

> MacTeX-2016 no longer installs the TeX Dist Pref Pane because
> Apple kept making changes in the requirements for a Pane.
> But we deliberately do not remove old panes. TeX Live
> Utility now has the ability to change distributions and is the
> recommended method.

On the Intel Mac TLU shows two Macports distributions that I do not have.
(I have Macports, but no TeX installed there.)

I still have TLU 1.03 on PPC.

Nevertheless, could you please adjust

/Library/TeX/Distributions/TeXLive-2016/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Description.rtf

to say "TeX Live 2016 Distribution“?

TLU doesn’t use that description anymore, the pref pane does.

Axel