[OS X TeX] Titlesec weirdness

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Sun Mar 20 21:30:03 CET 2016

Hi all,

Just to see if I am the only one to experience the problem. Today, I updgarded titlesec.sty using TLU and suddenly, no more section labels are printed.

The following snippet:

8<—————
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{titlesec}

\begin{document}

\newcounter{Test}
\renewcommand{\theTest}{\Roman{Test}}

\titleclass{\Test}{straight}[\section]
\titleformat{\Test}[hang]
  {\bf}{\theTest}{1em}{}
\titlespacing{\Test}
  {0pt}{3.5ex plus 1ex minus 0.2 ex}{2.3ex plus 0.2ex}

\Test{This}

A test to see

\end{document}
8<—————

Should typeset showing a title line looking like

I This

Since the upgrade, the label is missing. That is I get the title but no ``I’’. Restoring from the backup in TLU brough the label back, but I remain puzzled.

So the question is, am I alone in seeing this ?

--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel<at>mac.com)