[OS X TeX] \unicode{f3d4}

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Fri Mar 4 18:10:07 CET 2016

> On Mar 4, 2016, at 5:43 AM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> How do I get \unicode{f3d4} in latex? This is the symbol that Mathematica uses when it exports the latex form of the undirected edge in graphs.

That codepoint is in the private use area and so has no standard meaning. It seems to be unique to Mathematica.ttf, which may be downloaded from Wolfram. You would of course have the burden of writing LaTeX support files to use it. An easier solution may be to use the STIX fonts, whose stix-mathscr contains two glyphs which, when overlaid (they are exactly the same size, \char1 and \char2) look almost exactly the same os Wolfram's U+F3D4. One way to do this as text, not math, is

\font\stixscr=stix-mathscr % add scaling as needed
\def\uedge{{%
   \leavevmode\setbox0\hbox{\stixscr\char1}%
   \rlap{\hbox to \wd0{\stixscr\char2}}\box0

Michael