[OS X TeX] crossings in pst node

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Mon Jun 13 16:02:46 CEST 2016

In trying to create braid diagrams, I would like (in an automatic way) to create crossings which go “over” other crossings.  That is, something like the \rput* option, that is, an \ncline{A}{B} which, if it crosses an earlier \ncline{C}{D}, dominates it, in the sense that there is a slight space around \ncline{A}{B} so that \ncline{C}{D} “breaks” at the crossing point.  My first guess, \ncline* , has a totally different effect—the unstarred \ncline becomes totally invisible.

Is there such an option?  Of course a workaround is to give \ncline{C}{D} linestyle=dashed, but the standard picture is to only have a break near the crossing, otherwise it is simply a straight line.

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155