[OS X TeX] How tell MacTeX 2016 about fonts in user tree?

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 19:22:26 CEST 2016

OK, I ran just `updmap`, with following results:

updmap will read the following updmap.cfg files (in precedence order):
  /Users/murray/Library/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
  /usr/local/texlive/2016/texmf-dist/web2c/updmap.cfg
updmap may write changes to the following updmap.cfg file:
  /Users/murray/Library/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
dvips output dir:
"/Users/murray/Library/texlive/2016/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap"
pdftex output dir:
"/Users/murray/Library/texlive/2016/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap"
dvipdfmx output dir:
"/Users/murray/Library/texlive/2016/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvipdfmx/updmap"
updmap [ERROR]: The following map file(s) couldn't be found:
updmap [ERROR]: 	ztmsc.map (in /Users/murray/Library/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg)
updmap [ERROR]: Did you run mktexlsr?

	You can disable non-existent map entries using the option
	  --syncwithtrees.
Herbert Schulz wrote
> Howdy,
>
> You'll have to run
>
> updmap
>
> manually to have the fonts recognized.
>
> Good Luck,
> Herb Schulz
>

>> On Jun 6, 2016, at 7:54 PM, Murray Eisenberg <

> murrayeisenberg@

> > wrote:
>>
>> I just upgraded from MacTeX 2015 to 2016. When I process a file that uses
>> fonts installed in my local tree (in ~/Library/texmf) it’s not finding
>> them.
>>
>> Normally, when the TeX Live Utility updates any packages, it
>> automatically runs the command to update fonts, too. But since no package
>> updates are currently available, it’s not doing that.
>>
>> I know there are all sorts of pitfalls in trying to run tlmgr manually
>> from Terminal.
>>
>> How fix now?

Just to be sure, I want to execute /only/ `updmap` and /not/ either `sudo
updmap` or `updmap-sys`?

My personal fonts are in ~/Library/texmf and I have a file
~/Library/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg there with those