[OS X TeX] How tell MacTeX 2016 about fonts in user tree?

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 02:54:04 CEST 2016

I just upgraded from MacTeX 2015 to 2016. When I process a file that uses fonts installed in my local tree (in ~/Library/texmf) it’s not finding them.

Normally, when the TeX Live Utility updates any packages, it automatically runs the command to update fonts, too. But since no package updates are currently available, it’s not doing that.

I know there are all sorts of pitfalls in trying to run tlmgr manually from Terminal.

How fix now?

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334