[OS X TeX] Templates and macros from dropbox

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Tue Feb 16 20:47:21 CET 2016

Since I use two computers regularly (one in my office and one at home) I rely on Dropbox for files I may want to access from both sites.
In particular, I have a file “My Macros” containing private macros, and another “My Templates” with a few templates I use frequently mounted there.
Recently, my office machine was replaced and hence my operating system went from OS10.8 to OS 10.11.  Since then, TeXShop on my office machine doesn’t find the (private) macros files when called, and “My Templates” does not show up in the pulldown menu under “Templates”.  Can I do anything to get back the Dropbox functionality for these files?

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155