[OS X TeX] TeX Live 2016 Pretest

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Apr 17 16:18:16 CEST 2016

> On Apr 17, 2016, at 9:08 AM, Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> Apparently last night there was a substantial change in the pretest.
> I’m rebuilding MacTeX-2016 and BasicTeX-2016. I’ll put the
> new versions on the pretest site as
>
> 	mactex-20160417
> 	basictex-20160417
>
> soon. These may not appear on mirrors until later today or
> tomorrow, but it would be better to wait for them.
>
> (The main difficulty with the initial versions is that TLU could
> not update them, because it could not install a critical update
> to the update structure.)
>
> Dick Koch

Howdy,

I downloaded the update-tlmgr-latest.sh script and ran it manually and then TLU behaved properly. I don't have pgp installed yet and TLU was then able to update some packages that had changed.

However, the paper setting for pdftex is still (undefined) as detected by TLU and tlmgr (which is used by TLU). I don't know if Norbert has yet another update coming since he said it was fixed.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)