[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.54

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 30 14:59:05 CEST 2015

> On Sep 29, 2015, at 10:34 PM, Justin C. Walker <justin at mac.com> wrote:
>

> On Sep 29, 2015, at 20:08 , Peter Teeson wrote:
>
>> Had updated to 3.53 and manually changed Preferences Engine to /Library/TeX/texbin.
>>
>> Just now manually DL’d 3.54 and installed in Applications/TeX.
>> Checked preferences for Engine and it shows /Library/TeX/texbin
>
> In my case, after updating to 3.54, the pdftex path is set to /usr/texbin in my prefs.  The system in question is an MBP, from late 2013, running 10.10 (and bought in June, 2014, which I think means it came with 10.9).  I have texlive from 2014 and 2015.  I've lost track of the history here, but should it be the new default?
>
> Thanks!

Howdy,

If have TeX Live 2015 installed by MacTeX-2015 and TeXShop 3.52 (or later!) TeXshop should automatically update /usr/texbin to /Library/TeX/texbin AFTER YOU INSTALL El Capitan. The /usr/texbin link is still there under Yosemite (and earlier) and will only disappear when you install El Capitan. BUT it also does no harm to manually change it in TeXShop.

Take a look at <http://www.tug.org/mactex/elcapitan.html> and the link to the paper to update software for more information.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)