[OS X TeX] Install fail

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at math.fsu.edu
Fri Sep 4 03:41:53 CEST 2015

Replying to myself here. I’m not sure the second method below works. The read part works, but I tested the change one and it balks at me about the directory service path. It requires the flag -p too, as in: dscl -p, to prompt for the user’s password.

On the other hand, the first method is much easier. Run:

	chsh -s /bin/bash

and it will prompt for the password and then change the shell without entering the editor.

—Ettore