[OS X TeX] [aquamacs-devel] Aquamacs & El Capitan

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Oct 30 12:44:33 CET 2015

> On Oct 29, 2015, at 9:17 PM, Ettore Aldrovandi <ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 29, 2015, at 19:38, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I have Aquamacs 3.2 on my system. For some reason it doesn't seem to pick up the changed PATH variable. The correct path is shown in Terminal.app so the system is using the /etc/paths.d/TeX file which contains /Library/TeX/texbin.
>
> It would be interesting to see what fails and how.  Does it not find the tex binaries to execute, or  is it something else?
>
> If you launch Aquamacs and you do (M is Meta, typically it would be the Option key):
>
> 	M-x customize-variable RET exec-path RET
>
> what do you see?
>
> —Ettore

Howdy,

It did have /Library/TeX/texbin which it obviously picked up from the system! Now, why didn't it execute pdflatex on the file? It isn't a problem with PATH!

I just discovered ^C^L and it seems to be trying to execute pdfpdflatex rather than pdflatex. Now, how do I fix that?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)