[OS X TeX] TOC, sections, subsections and lists

Peter Teeson peter.teeson at icloud.com
Thu Oct 29 00:20:20 CET 2015

Thank you for the pointer Michael. But it’s not the TOC I want to change.
It’s the typesetting of the section itself that I want to alter.
I guess I did not explain it clearly. Sorry about that. I’m still learning LaTeX…
>> But the subsection typesetting itself is not what I want, neither in size, face nor spacing.
>> Using an enumerated list is more along the lines of what I would like.

I tried \normalsize and a bunch of other things.
The closest I came to what I would like to see was to do this:
\section{General}
\begin{enumerate}
\item  An Overview - This document
\item What it is?- A few pages for old timers \& newbies
\item Living with Console - Is Life Terminal?
\item What Are My Options? -  For configure, make, \& exec
\end{enumerate}

But then for each item I would also have to use \addcontentsline{toc}….

So I guess what I’m looking for is a way to change to default \subsection font size, face, and spacing.

respect…

Peter