[OS X TeX] Switching from teTeX to TeXLive-2015 and back

BELLAICHE André andre.bellaiche at imj-prg.fr
Mon Oct 5 17:42:20 CEST 2015

I have another question.

I have installed TeXLive-2015 on the iMac of some friend who still uses teTeX.

But with that I have to install some new files, like MathTime. I must also preserve the possibility of switching back to teTeX, at least for some time.

We have met the following problems:

1) When we open the TeX Distribution Preference Pane in "System Preferences", only the new distribution is shown. The system does not see teTeX, although the teTeX and texlive directory are present side by side in the /usr/local directory.

2) When we want to use commands like texhash or updmap-sys, the system looks only for files in teTeX, although the only distribution shown in the Preference Pane is TeXLIve-2015, and I have also entered the command  sudo texdist --setcurrent=TeXLive-2015.

Does anybody understand what's happening?

André